We're hiring for a Cloud Accountant!
Location: Brighton office
, although working at home is possible
Full time / Part time: Minimum three days a week
The person will be involved in helping clients convert to cloud software, accounting adjustments, general bookkeeping, VAT preparation and management accounts. It is an advantage to have a good understanding in Xero, and Receipt bank.
A breakdown of the relevant tasks are as follows:
- Responsible for the preparation, review, and submission of VAT returns.
- Advise and support clients with cloud accounting software questions.
- Help convert client from manual bookkeeping systems to integrated cloud accounting systems.
- Reviewing Bookkeeping of more junior staff.
- Prepare complex VAT returns for review. This includes import / Export of goods and margin scheme VAT returns.
- Work closely and help supervise apprentice accountant in preparing simple VAT return and bookkeeping
- Organise invoices, expenses, and expense forms into Receipt Bank.
- Answer accounting questions from both clients and other members of staff.
- Assisting clients to be MTD compliant. This includes supporting and training clients on how to use cloud accounting software and helping migrate data to new systems.
Being client’s main day to day contact, and working with other staff members, to ensure client deadlines are met.
- Good technical VAT knowledge and can keep knowledge up to date through CPD.
- Other reasonable duties may from time to time be required.
The ideal candidate must be punctual, organised, well presented, and professional at all times. Maintaining client confidentiality would be an absolute necessity.
To apply: Send a CV, cover letter and 60 second video on what you are passionate about to firstname.lastname@example.org.